- PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Stadium Village (near the main entrance)
Opening Weekend: The PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience will be open to the public the weekend before the tournament (March 3-5), so that our Northeast Florida community can come check out the unique merchandise collection and purchase commemorative items and apparel. No ticket is required, and guests can park in the public parking lot off CR 210.
- Friday, March 3: 12 pm to 5 pm
- Saturday, March 4: 10 am to 5 pm
- Sunday, March 5: 10 am to 5 pm
- The PGA TOUR Fan Shop in the Stadium Village has increased in size and is now over 36,500 square feet and features endless exciting merchandise for fans to choose from. Here are a few highlights:
- Barstool Golf will be offering an exclusive merchandise line with THE PLAYERS featuring 2 polo shirts, hoodies, quarter zips, t-shirts and hats.
- NOBULL custom shoes for THE PLAYERS
- Collaborations with Flomotion, Vineyard Vines, Greyson, Johnnie O, FootJoy, Melin Hats and more.
Food & Drink
Taste of JAX – 11 green/12 tee
- Cousins Maine Lobster – serving up its 100% premium, wild-caught, sustainably harvested lobster from Maine.
- Mojo BBQ – a premier barbecue, southern food, and craft cocktail destination with eight locations in North and Central Florida.
- ABBQ – Serving up Texas style BBQ at the Beach.
- Silkie’s Chicken & Champagne Bar – Historic Springfield upscale casual restaurant featuring Chef Kenny Gilbert’s Signature Fried Chicken, Biscuits & Champagne Cocktails.
Taste of Jax Bar featuring Tito’s at the Turn
Wine & Dine on 9 presented by Meiomi Wines – 9 fairway
Enjoy food from Bonefish Grill and a glass of wine from Meiomi Wines, the official wine of the PGA TOUR, in a beautiful garden setting. Take a few swings in the swing simulator while you’re here, and if you need to freshen up, take advantage of the permanent restrooms.
Relax, unwind, and discover the unrivaled taste of Meiomi Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Rosé. Cheers! (Please enjoy Meiomi wines responsibly.)
Food Court – THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience
- Homespun Kitchen – Healthy fast food. Whether you are vegan, gluten free or paleo, you will find tons of options at Homespun.
- Firehouse Subs – This sandwich shop was founded in Jacksonville.
- Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q -Lou Bono opened the first Bono’s on Beach Boulevard in 1949. The restaurant prides itself on serving up an authentic Southern Pit barbecue experience you won’t forget.
- The Local – Jacksonville based high quality café focusing on delicious food with unique twists on every dish as well as craft booze and coffee.
- Tropical Smoothie – Bold, flavorful smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, flatbreads and salads with high-quality ingredients and fresh produce.
- Daily’s concessions
Tacos on 12 – 12 green
One of the most well-trafficked food venues on the course, featuring food and drink from TacoLu, Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana.
Sawgrass Square – 10 tee
Located at the Davis Love III Entry, grab a donut from Mini Bar and/or some BBQ from 4 Rivers Smokehouse.
- Mini Bar – Jacksonville’s first mini donut shop will be serving up a set menu of mini-sized donuts in more than a dozen unique flavors. Some examples include fruity pebbles, samoa, pop tart, maple bacon, and coffee cake.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – a sophisticated Texas-style smokehouse
The Patio – between 10 tee and 18 green/16 tee
The Patio offers a shaded fan zone that includes open-air seating and a videoboard to keep up with the tournament action. The Patio features a Michelob ULTRA bar as well as food from V Pizza, founded by Jacksonville natives with the goal of bringing true Neapolitan pizza to their hometown.
Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger – behind 16 green
Near the Couples (rideshare) Entry. Choose from a variety of craft beer and bar bites from Hoptinger, a locally-owned bier garden and sausage house.
Sawgrass Splash – the signature cocktail of THE PLAYERS.
As part of the PGA TOUR’s commitment to leading the advancement of sustainability in the industry, THE PLAYERS will be serving the tournament’s signature drink, the Sawgrass Splash featuring Tito’s Handmade Vodka, in a lightweight, aluminum cup. Aluminum is the most sustainable beverage packaging material, and like aluminum cans, aluminum cups can be easily recycled; the 16 oz cups are lightweight, sturdy, cool to the touch and provide an elevated drinking experience for all fans. While the cup is changing, the iconic Sawgrass Splash is staying the same; the drink will continue to feature Tito’s Handmade Vodka, and a refreshing combination of orange juice, lemonade and lime juice.
Sawgrass Splash ingredients:
- 1.5oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz. lemonade
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
The Oasis ft. Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge
- Open to ticketholders who are 21+, The Oasis is an air-conditioned venue with signature cocktails from Tito’s Handmade Vodka, as well as food and drink available for purchase. The Oasis offers an enclosed lounge with premium sightlines of the newly reimagined 9th tee. The lounge also features fun additions for fans, including a putting green, Golden Tee retro arcade game, custom murals, TVs with live broadcasts of the tournament and more!
- The Oasis features ABBQ – Serving up Texas style BBQ at the Beach.
The Grove featuring Maestro Dobel
Enjoy eleven generations of tequila-making legacy at The Grove with Maestro Dobel Tequila, Official Tequila of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. Sharing its commitment to mastery with golf fans, Maestro Dobel offers three signature cocktails featuring its range of smooth tequilas including the Diamante Tee Time, available at the entrance of the course. While in the lounge, experience Dobel’s rich history and hone your tequila knowledge with the brand’s tequila experts, while also learning about “Art of the Cocktail.” Please drink responsibly.
Filtered Water Stations
- Near No. 10 tee/No. 16 tee
- Wine & Dine on 9 (near No. 5 green/No. 9 fairway)
- behind 16 green (near The Grove)
- Taste of JAX (Located behind 11 green and 12 tee)
Remember: THE PLAYERS will allow reusable plastic or metal cups up to 32oz at entries, as long as they are empty.
By the Numbers
- $1 – Amount that former PGA TOUR Commissioner Deane Beman paid to purchase the 415 acres of swampland where TPC Sawgrass now sits
- 15 –minutes it takes to cut a hole location and replace the old hold location
- 84– number of bunkers on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course – 52 on the front nine and 32 on the back. #17 is the only hole on the course that has one bunker.
- 2.5– rough height, in inches
- 137 – distance, in yards, of the Island Green 17th Hole
- 105 – full-time agronomy employees who oversee the maintenance of both the Stadium Course and its sister course, Dye’s Valley.
- 12,000 – approximate number of man hours worked by the agronomy staff during tournament week alone
- Overseed Process:
- 4- kinds of seed are spread throughout the entire Stadium Course, including the practice grounds: Rye/Fine Fescue on the fairways and rough; Velvet Bent/Poa Trivialis on the greens.
- 25- tons of seeds spread
- 125 – acres of land the overseed covers
- Equipment the agronomy team uses:
- 15 – John Deere 2500 Triplex mower used for fairways
- 18 – John Deere 180SL mowers used for greens
- 16 – John Deere 260SL mowers used for tees and approaches
- 6 – John Deere 2653 mowers used for intermediate cut
- 66 – John Deere Turf Gators
- 6 – TruTurf greensrollers
- 40 – 20” Honda Rotary Mowers used for the rough
- 60 – Blowers to clean
- 51.22%- percentage of players who find the fairway off the tee on the par-5 2nd hole (since ShotLink began in 2003); this is the toughest Fairway to hit at TPC Sawgrass
- 7,189 – tournament yardage
- 15– international players who have won THE PLAYERS
- 6– number of players that have won THE PLAYERS at least twice (Jack Nicklaus, Steve Elkington, Hal Sutton, Fred Couples, Davis Love III and Tiger Woods)
- 0– number of back-to-back winners of THE PLAYERS
- 15– number of international winners of THE PLAYERS, from 11 different countries (Australia, Canada, Germany, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Zimbabwe)
- 7– widest victory margin. Steve Elkington won by 7 strokes over Scott Hoch in 1997.
- 6 – largest come-from-behind victory. Raymond Floyd, 1981, Sawgrass Country Club. At TPC Sawgrass, the largest come-from-behind victory is 5 strokes (Justin Leonard/1998 and Henrik Stenson/2009)
- 100 feet, 1 inch– length of the longest putt made at THE PLAYERS (Ben Curtis/R1/2007/14th hole)
- 64 – number of balls that found the water on the 17thhole at the 2022 tournament
- 868– balls in the water on #17 since 2003
- 4 feet, 8 inches – length of Rickie Fowler’s winning putt on the 17th hole in 2015.
- 69 feet, 7 inches– distance of Jhonattan Vegas’ birdie putt on the 17th hole, marking the longest putt ever made on the 17th hole
- 78 feet- length of the island green
- 50,000 to 60,000 – the number of golf balls that are retrieved from the surrounding water every year .
- 137 – length of the hole from the tournament tees
- 60 feet– distance of Tiger Woods’ “better than most” birdie putt in 2001
- Nine – number of holes-in-one on the 17th
- 55 square feet – size of the bunker at the front of the green
- 3,912 – square footage of the green (compared to a course average of 4,500)
- 12 – the highest score posted by a professional golfer; Bob Tway in 2005.
Trophy & Theme Music
THE PLAYERS Championship trophy:
Click here for images and videos. Please credit PGA TOUR.
THE PLAYERS unveiled a new Tiffany & Co. trophy at the 2019 tournament. Using a process called “electroforming,” Tiffany & Co. and the PGA TOUR began with the inspiration of the swinging golfer from the iconic PGA TOUR logo. Then, through sophisticated computer modelling, designers incorporated aspects of each of the 38 different winners of THE PLAYERS – from Jack Nicklaus to Webb Simpson.
Using a process called electroforming, which uses electric current to build up layers of a precious metal around a temporary core to create a smooth and seamless finish, the Tiffany & Co design team worked with the PGA TOUR to replicate a golfer whose form was then created into a mold using 3D-printing technology. The golfer stands atop the signature 17th island green, which includes intricate details like the signature Pete Dye pilings and the surrounding water.
THE PLAYERS Championship trophy is one of several pieces that Tiffany & Co. has created for the TOUR and its events, including the season-ending FedExCup.
THE PLAYERS Theme Music: click here to listen
During THE PLAYERS 2019, the PGA TOUR unveiled its brand new, original, orchestrated music—fittingly named ‘GOLD STANDARD.’ This new theme is fully owned by the PGA TOUR and replaces the previously used score from “The Man from Snowy River.” The PGA TOUR worked with Man Made Music in New York to write the music, which was then recorded by approximately 40 world-renown, classically trained musicians during a two-day session in New York City. From there, an entire toolkit was made that will be used during the telecast to accompany the storylines that unfold during the tournament. From the more dramatic moments to the uplifting and fast-paced, the GOLD STANDARD music befits THE PLAYERS’ modern, energetic and fan-first approach.
- Joel Beckerman, Founder, Man Made Music
- Michael Lang
- James Hynes
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit http://www.morganstanley.com.
About Grant Thornton LLP
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in excess of $1.9 billion and operates more than 50 offices, works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for further details.
Optum is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 220,000 people worldwide, Optum delivers intelligent, integrated solutions that help to modernize the health system and improve overall population health. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH). For more information, visit www.Optum.com.