- PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience (near the main entrance)
- Walk-up PGA TOUR Fan Shop in Sawgrass Square (near 10 tee)
Opening Weekend: The PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience will be open to the public the weekend before the tournament (March 4-6), so that our Northeast Florida community can come check out the unique merchandise collection and purchase commemorative items and apparel. No ticket is required, and guests can park in the public parking lot off CR 210.
- Friday, March 4: 12 pm to 5 pm
- Saturday, March 5: 10 am to 4 pm
- Sunday, March 6: 10 am to 4 pm
- The PGA TOUR Fan Shop in the Welcome Experience has increased in size and is now 33,000 square feet.
- Expansion of Iconic swinging goldman logo on the following brands: Peter Millar, Johnnie –O, Grayson, Lululemon and Lily Pulitzer
- New t-shirt collection that celebrates THE PLAYERS’ past champions:
- T-shirts embellished with the local color and culture of Ponte Vedra Beach and Northeast Florida – Sun, Surf, Palm Trees, Golf and the PGA TOUR’s flagship event:
- Huge selection of custom headwear for Men, Women and Children from Travis Mathew, Puma, Nike, Pukka, Imperial and Ahead:
- Autographed copies of popular video game 2K21 featuring cover athlete and defending PLAYERS Champion Justin Thomas will be available for purchase at the PGA TOUR Fan Shop. All proceeds from the sales will support the Justin Thomas Foundation.
- Expanded custom pet products for our furry friends.
- Yeti tumblers, koozies, golf towels and headcovers embellished with custom PLAYERS graphics.
- Cheer to THE PLAYERS with custom barware:
Food & Drink
Taste of JAX – 11 green/12 tee
- Cousins Maine Lobster – serving up its 100% premium, wild-caught, sustainably harvested lobster from Maine.
- Mojo BBQ – a premier barbecue, southern food, and craft cocktail destination with eight locations in North and Central Florida.
- ABBQ – Serving up Texas style BBQ at the Beach.
- Silkie’s Chicken & Champagne Bar – Historic Springfield upscale casual restaurant featuring Chef Kenny Gilbert’s Signature Fried Chicken, Biscuits & Champagne Cocktails.
Taste of Jax Bar featuring Tito’s at the Turn
Wine & Dine on 9 presented by Meiomi Wines – 9 fairway
Enjoy food from Bonefish Grill and a glass of wine from Meiomi Wines, the official wine of the PGA TOUR, in a beautiful garden setting. Take a few swings in the swing simulator while you’re here, and if you need to freshen up, take advantage of the permanent restrooms.
Relax, unwind, and discover the unrivaled taste of Meiomi Pinot Noir, Chardonnay, and Rosé. Cheers! (Please enjoy Meiomi wines responsibly.)
Food Court – THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience
- Homespun Kitchen – Healthy fast food. Whether you are vegan, gluten free or paleo, you will find tons of options at Homespun.
- Firehouse Subs – This sandwich shop was founded in Jacksonville.
- Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q -Lou Bono opened the first Bono’s on Beach Boulevard in 1949. The restaurant prides itself on serving up an authentic Southern Pit barbecue experience you won’t forget.
- The Local – Jacksonville based high quality café focusing on delicious food with unique twists on every dish as well as craft booze and coffee.
- Tropical Smoothie – Bold, flavorful smoothies, wraps, sandwiches, flatbreads and salads with high-quality ingredients and fresh produce.
Tacos on 12 – 12 green
One of the most well-trafficked food venues on the course, featuring food and drink from TacoLu, Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana.
Sawgrass Square – 10 tee
Located at the Davis Love III Entry, grab a donut from Mini Bar and/or some BBQ from 4 Rivers Smokehouse.
- Mini Bar – Jacksonville’s first mini donut shop will be serving up a set menu of mini-sized donuts in more than a dozen unique flavors. Some examples include fruity pebbles, samoa, pop tart, maple bacon, and coffee cake.
- 4 Rivers Smokehouse – a sophisticated Texas-style smokehouse
- Daily’s concessions
The Patio – between 10 tee and 18 green/16 tee
The Patio offers a shaded fan zone that includes open-air seating and a videoboard to keep up with the tournament action. The Patio features a Michelob ULTRA bar as well as food from V Pizza, founded by Jacksonville natives with the goal of bringing true Neapolitan pizza to their hometown.
Wine Lounge presented by Meiomi Wines – 8 green
As the Official Wine of the PGA TOUR, Meiomi is thrilled to bring their beloved wine lounge to this year’s PLAYERS Championship. Meiomi, one of the leading wine brands priced $15 and above, and has gained a loyal following for its world-class portfolio of California wines beloved for their flavor, balance and approachability.
In the lounge, fans can experience the world of Meiomi on-site through an immersive golf viewing venue with interactive moments including:
- Meiomi’s Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Rosé, and Chardonnay Wine offerings
- Interactive photo moment – Live succulent wall with putting green, with clubs for interactive photo experience
- Customized golf decor
- Branded championship cups
- Meiomi putting experience
- Live viewing of the match on the TVs throughout the lounge area
Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger – behind 16 green
Near the Couples (rideshare) Entry. Choose from a variety of craft beer and bar bites from Hoptinger, a locally-owned bier garden and sausage house.
Sawgrass Splash – the signature cocktail of THE PLAYERS.
The Sawgrass Splash is the official drink of THE PLAYERS Championship, the PGA TOUR’s flagship event that takes place each March in Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida. The Splash is made with Tito’s Handmade Vodka, the Official Vodka of the PGA TOUR, mixed with fresh lemonade, orange juice and a squeeze of lime. It’s best served in a tall glass over ice.
Sawgrass Splash ingredients:
- 1.5oz Tito’s Handmade Vodka
- 2 oz. lemonade
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Squeeze of lime juice
The Oasis ft. Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge
Open to ticketholders who are 21+, The Oasis is an air-conditioned venue with signature cocktails from Tito’s Handmade Vodka, as well as food and drink available for purchase.
Palm Valley Village featuring BUBBA Burger and Comcast Business Pavilion
The Grove featuring Maestro Dobel
Enjoy eleven generations of tequila-making legacy at The Grove with Maestro Dobel Tequila, Official Tequila of the PGA TOUR and PGA TOUR Champions. Sharing its commitment to mastery with golf fans, Maestro Dobel offers three signature cocktails featuring its range of smooth tequilas including the Diamante Tee Time, available at the entrance of the course. While in the lounge, experience Dobel’s rich history and hone your tequila knowledge with the brand’s tequila experts, while also learning about “Art of the Cocktail.” Please drink responsibly.
Diamante Tee Time Official Cocktail
1.5 oz Maestro Dobel Diamante
0.5 oz Lemon Juice
0.5 oz Agave Syrup (1:1)
1.75 oz Green Tea
2 slices of Jalapeño
Garnish: Slice of Jalapeño
Procedure: Add jalapeños to a shaker and muddle. Add the rest of the ingredients, except tea, to the shaker. Add ice, shake, and double strain into an ice filled rocks glass. Top with tea and stir lightly. Place jalapeño slice on the rim.
Permanent Restrooms and Filtered Water Stations
- Near No. 10 tee/No. 16 tee
- Wine & Dine on 9 (near No. 5 green/No. 9 fairway)
- behind 16 green (near The Grove)
- Taste of JAX (Located behind 11 green and 12 tee)
Remember: THE PLAYERS will allow reusable plastic or metal cups up to 32oz at entries, as long as they are empty.
- Stop by the PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience to stock up on golf balls, hats and pin flags for getting autographs (see #3)!
- Take a picture (or a selfie!) on the 17th hole with the iconic Island Green in the background.
- Visit the autograph zones at the practice grounds and the scoring area behind 18 green.
- Check out the Kids Zone presented by Nemours Children’s Health (near 8 green), with fun games and activities for kids of all ages.
- Visit the Family Suite Presented by Wolfson Children’s Hospital (near 8 green), an open-to-the-public venue that serves as a comfort station for mothers, fathers and their little ones and will be giving out free diapers!
- Stop by the Morgan Stanley Eagles for Impact tent (along 18 fairway) for fun putting activities.
- Head over to The 17th Hole Challenge presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton in THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience, where you can take two free shots at the replica Island Green.
- Flavors for every taste bud: THE PLAYERS has tons of local food vendors on-site to please your kids’ palates (even the picky ones!), from Tacos on 12 featuring Taco Lu, to Mini Bar donuts at Sawgrass Square to the food Trucks on 10, there’s something for everyone.
- Stop by the Fan Bleachers presented by Daily’s to watch the pros try to drive the green on the 12th hole. These bleachers are double-sided, so you can also watch the pros try to make a hole-in-one on the par-3 13th hole!
- Go to the 16 Fan Bleacher featuring TruGreen Backyard, featuring fun backyard-style seating.
And don’t forget:
- Up to two (2) kids 15 and younger are admitted free of charge when accompanied by a ticketed adult.
- Food may be brought into the tournament in a clear, resealable plastic bag, not to exceed the size of a one (1) gallon bag, where food items are also wrapped in clear wrap.
- Strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles, and other essential baby supplies are permitted. The infant must be with the carrier. Items are subject to search.
- Watch guys warm up on the practice grounds: the mound by #3 tee
- Check out the jumbo videoboard to see how far each player is hitting it and to stay up-to-date on what’s happening out on the course.
- Watch an almost private practice session: Back side of the practice grounds (left of #4 green)
- Little secret for you. There is a back section of the practice range constructed specifically for the best players in the world – and one week out of the year, this range is open for you to watch your favorite players up close.*
- Get away from the crowds and get really close to the action: #6 green
- Course designer Pete Dye called this hole “the most beautiful hole on the course.”
- Watch players tee off and putt on a testy par 3: #8
- Thanks to elevated mounding behind the green, this hole is the perfect place to watch players hit their tee shots and putt on this undulating green.
- If you’re 21+, grab a seat in Wine Lounge presented by Meiomi Wines.
- Watch players drive the green: #12
- The excitement is sure to unfold on this drivable par-4.
- Where to sit: The Fan Bleachers presented by Daily’s are double-sided and covered.
- Watch players ‘thread the needle’ off the tee: #15 tee
- This dogleg right par-4 presents players with a tough and tight tee shot through a chute of trees and over water.
- Watch players go for the green in two shots: #16
- 73% of players have gone for the green in two on the 16th hole. Since 1983, there have been 6,930 birdies and 467 eagles made on the 16th #theeaglehaslanded
- Witness the Defining Moment at #17
- This hole is “Better than Most,” for more reasons than one… the iconic hole, the incredible views, the amphitheater atmosphere, and the do-or-die drama all unfolding before your eyes.
- Get a few swings in and channel your inner PGA TOUR pro: Test your skills on a replica of the famed 17th hole at The 17th Hole Challenge presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton, located in THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience.
- Stock up on exclusive merch at the PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience. New in 2022, autographed copies of popular video game 2K21 featuring defending PLAYERS Champion Justin Thomas will be available for purchase. All proceeds from the sales will support the Justin Thomas Foundation.
SOCIAL SCENE SEEKERS
- Go to The Military Appreciation Day Ceremony & Concert. The ceremony starts at 4:30 pm on Tuesday, March 8. Tuesday tickets already include access to the concert. Plan ahead to arrive a few hours early.
- Sit on the hill overlooking the Island Green 17th hole: The place to see and be seen.
- Merch or it didn’t happen: Stop by the PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience to stock up on exclusive gear.
- Try the Sawgrass Splash—our signature drink—at The Oasis featuring Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge (must be 21+) near the 18th tee box.
- Sip, savor and swing: Head over to Wine & Dine on 9 presented by Meiomi Wines to sip and savor some of the best varietals from Meiomi and enjoy gourmet plates from Bonefish and take a few swings in their golf simulator while here (There’s also the Wine Lounge Presented by Meiomi Wines on #8 Green).
- Birdies and brews: Check out the craft beers on tap at the Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger (behind 16 green).
- Time for some #foodstagram!
- Tacos on 12: Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana TacoLu is a PLAYERS staple.
- Trucks on 10: From returning favorites Mama’s, Tikiz, What’s the Catch and Twisted Okie BBQ and Tacos to new trucks 904Burger and Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen. Michelob ULTRA Build-a-Bar
- Taste of Jax (behind 12 tee): Returning favorites include Cousin’s Maine Lobster, Mojo’s BBQ, ABBQ. New in 2022: Silkie’s Chicken & Champagne Bar and the Taste of Jax Bar featuring Tito’s at the Turn.
- Sawgrass Square (near Davis Love III Entry): Mini Bar donuts,4 Rivers BBQ and concessions from Daily’s
- The Patio featuring Michelob ULTRA and V Pizza (near 10 tee)
- Palm Valley Village featuring BUBBA Burger and Comcast Business Pavilion (proper credential required)
- THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience: Food Court featuring Homespun Kitchen, Firehouse Subs, Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q, The Local and Tropical Smoothie; The Grove featuring Maestro Dobel Tequila
- Show off your swing: Test your skills at the 17th Hole Challenge presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton, a replica of the Island Green.
And don’t forget…
- Social handles: @THEPLAYERSChamp on Twitter, @THEPLAYERS on Facebook, @theplayerschamp on Instagram
- Rideshare: rideshare will drop off and pick up at the Couples Entry off of ATP Boulevard, which is just steps from the 15th hole.
- Shuttles from downtown Jax: Save time, stress and money by taking advantage of the shuttle service from downtown Jax to THE PLAYERS. Passes are just $20 round trip (plus taxes and fees) and pick up at three different locations downtown. Purchase tickets here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/the-players-official-downtown-jacksonville-shuttle-service-tickets-256330219587
- As soon as you enter THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience, there are plenty of options at the Food Court, including Homespun Kitchen, Firehouse Subs, Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q, The Local and Tropical Smoothie.
- Check out the craft beers on tap at the Bier Garden presented by Hoptinger.
- Start your engines…it’s food truck time. Trucks on 10 offers flavors from renowned local food trucks, including returning favorites Mama’s, Tikiz, What’s the Catch and Twisted Okie BBQ and Tacos and newcomers 904Burger and Saffron Mediterranean Kitchen.
- Stay local! Head to Taste of JAX (behind 12 tee), which offers local flavors from some of your favorite Jacksonville restaurants, including Cousin’s Maine Lobster, Mojo’s BBQ, ABBQ and new in 2022, Silkie’s Chicken & Champagne Bar! Enjoy some craft cocktails while you’re here from the Taste of JAX bar featuring Tito’s at the Turn.
- Head on over to Tacos on 12, featuring dishes from Jacksonville’s most popular Baja Mexicana, Taco Lu. Take a few swings in the CDW golf simulator while you’re here!
- Grab a slice of V Pizza in The Patio (near 10 tee), which also features a Michelob ULTRA bar. And while you’re here, take advantage of the permanent restrooms!
- Stop by Sawgrass Square to taste some delicious donuts from Mini Bar and BBQ from 4 Rivers Smokehouse. While you’re here, check out the sweet merch at the walk-up PGA TOUR Fan Shop.
- Visit Wine & Dine on 9 presented by Meiomi Wines to sip and savor some of the best varietals from Meiomi and enjoy gourmet plates from Bonefish. For the full experience, visit the Wine Lounge Presented by Meiomi Wines on #8 Green (21+).
- Need a little Oasis? Visit The Oasis ft. Tito’s Stillhouse Lounge (21+), featuring signature cocktails from Tito’s Handmade Vodka, as well as food and drink available for purchase.
- Stop by the PGA TOUR Fan Shop at THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience to stock up on merchandise on your way out!
PGA TOUR Fan Shop: see “merchandise section” above!
Proud Partner Experience: New in 2022, each of THE PLAYERS’ Proud Partners (Optum, Morgan Stanley and Grant Thornton) are introducing new interactive displays in THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience.
Food Court: Firehouse Subs, Homespun Kitchen, The Local, Tropical Smoothie, Bono’s Pit Bar-B-Q
17th Hole Challenge presented by Optum, Morgan Stanley and Optum: a replica of the famed 17th hole where fans can take two free shots at the Island Green or purchase an additional chance for a $5 donation to First Tee – North Florida. Fans can make a $20 donation (or more) for a “The First Tee Fast Pass” to bypass the queue, take five shots and receive a free sleeve of golf balls. All proceeds will benefit The First Tee – North Florida.
By the Numbers
- $1 – Amount that former PGA TOUR Commissioner Deane Beman paid to purchase the 415 acres of swampland where TPC Sawgrass now sits
- 15 –minutes it takes to cut a hole location and replace the old hold location
- 84– number of bunkers on THE PLAYERS Stadium Course – 52 on the front nine and 32 on the back. #17 is the only hole on the course that has one bunker.
- 2.5– rough height, in inches
- 137 – distance, in yards, of the Island Green 17th Hole
- 105 – full-time agronomy employees who oversee the maintenance of both the Stadium Course and its sister course, Dye’s Valley.
- 12,000 – approximate number of man hours worked by the agronomy staff during tournament week alone
- Overseed Process:
- 4- kinds of seed are spread throughout the entire Stadium Course, including the practice grounds: Rye/Fine Fescue on the fairways and rough; Velvet Bent/Poa Trivialis on the greens.
- 25- tons of seeds spread
- 125 – acres of land the overseed covers
- Equipment the agronomy team uses:
- 15 – John Deere 2500 Triplex mower used for fairways
- 18 – John Deere 180SL mowers used for greens
- 16 – John Deere 260SL mowers used for tees and approaches
- 6 – John Deere 2653 mowers used for intermediate cut
- 66 – John Deere Turf Gators
- 6 – TruTurf greensrollers
- 40 – 20” Honda Rotary Mowers used for the rough
- 60 – Blowers to clean
- 51.22%- percentage of players who find the fairway off the tee on the par-5 2nd hole (since ShotLink began in 2003); this is the toughest Fairway to hit at TPC Sawgrass
- 7,189 – tournament yardage
- 15– international players who have won THE PLAYERS
- 6– number of players that have won THE PLAYERS at least twice (Jack Nicklaus, Steve Elkington, Hal Sutton, Fred Couples, Davis Love III and Tiger Woods)
- 0– number of back-to-back winners of THE PLAYERS
- 15– number of international winners of THE PLAYERS, from 11 different countries (Australia, Canada, Germany, Scotland, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, New Zealand, Northern Ireland, Zimbabwe)
- 7– widest victory margin. Steve Elkington won by 7 strokes over Scott Hoch in 1997.
- 6 – largest come-from-behind victory. Raymond Floyd, 1981, Sawgrass Country Club. At TPC Sawgrass, the largest come-from-behind victory is 5 strokes (Justin Leonard/1998 and Henrik Stenson/2009)
- 100 feet, 1 inch– length of the longest putt made at THE PLAYERS (Ben Curtis/R1/2007/14th hole)
- 66 – number of balls that found the water on the 17thhole at the 2021 tournament
- 868– balls in the water on #17 since 2003
- 4 feet, 8 inches – length of Rickie Fowler’s winning putt on the 17th hole in 2015.
- 69 feet, 7 inches– distance of Jhonattan Vegas’ birdie putt on the 17th hole, marking the longest putt ever made on the 17th hole
- 78 feet- length of the island green
- 50,000 to 60,000 – the number of golf balls that are retrieved from the surrounding water every year .
- 137 – length of the hole from the tournament tees
- 60 feet– distance of Tiger Woods’ “better than most” birdie putt in 2001
- Nine – number of holes-in-one on the 17th
- 55 square feet – size of the bunker at the front of the green
- 3,912 – square footage of the green (compared to a course average of 4,500)
- 12 – the highest score posted by a professional golfer; Bob Tway in 2005.
Trophy & Theme Music
THE PLAYERS Championship trophy:
Click here for images and videos. Please credit PGA TOUR.
THE PLAYERS unveiled a new Tiffany & Co. trophy at the 2019 tournament. Using a process called “electroforming,” Tiffany & Co. and the PGA TOUR began with the inspiration of the swinging golfer from the iconic PGA TOUR logo. Then, through sophisticated computer modelling, designers incorporated aspects of each of the 38 different winners of THE PLAYERS – from Jack Nicklaus to Webb Simpson.
Using a process called electroforming, which uses electric current to build up layers of a precious metal around a temporary core to create a smooth and seamless finish, the Tiffany & Co design team worked with the PGA TOUR to replicate a golfer whose form was then created into a mold using 3D-printing technology. The golfer stands atop the signature 17th island green, which includes intricate details like the signature Pete Dye pilings and the surrounding water.
THE PLAYERS Championship trophy is one of several pieces that Tiffany & Co. has created for the TOUR and its events, including the season-ending FedExCup.
THE PLAYERS Theme Music: click here to listen
During THE PLAYERS 2019, the PGA TOUR unveiled its brand new, original, orchestrated music—fittingly named ‘GOLD STANDARD.’ This new theme is fully owned by the PGA TOUR and replaces the previously used score from “The Man from Snowy River.” The PGA TOUR worked with Man Made Music in New York to write the music, which was then recorded by approximately 40 world-renown, classically trained musicians during a two-day session in New York City. From there, an entire toolkit was made that will be used during the telecast to accompany the storylines that unfold during the tournament. From the more dramatic moments to the uplifting and fast-paced, the GOLD STANDARD music befits THE PLAYERS’ modern, energetic and fan-first approach.
- Joel Beckerman, Founder, Man Made Music
- Michael Lang
- James Hynes
Optum is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 190,000 people worldwide, Optum delivers intelligent, integrated solutions that help to modernize the health system and improve overall population health. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH). For more information, visit www.Optum.com.
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit http://www.morganstanley.com.
About Grant Thornton LLP
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in excess of $1.9 billion and operates more than 50 offices, works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for further details.