CONTACT: Emily Tillo, PGA TOUR, 904-424-8572, firstname.lastname@example.org
Golf, more than any other sport, relies on the environment for its competition. As a global organization, the PGA TOUR is committed to creating positive outcomes for the local environments in the communities where it plays, including Northeast Florida, home to its global headquarters and flagship event, THE PLAYERS.
As part of THE PLAYERS’ efforts to use its international platform to generate greater awareness and support to efforts being led to improve lives and conditions throughout the five-county area, THE PLAYERS is convening a group of industry leaders to discuss the stewardship and priorities of organizations to promote environmental sustainability and inclusion.
Titled “Championing Change,” the panel discussion includes representatives and advocates across diverse industries in Northeast Florida – from golf course maintenance and marine science to food distribution and city resiliency – who are leading environmental sustainability, resiliency and inclusion efforts in the community that THE PLAYERS calls home.
- Anne Coglianese, Chief Resiliency Officer, City of Jacksonville
- Jeff Plotts, Director of Golf Course Maintenance Operations at TPC Sawgrass and 2021 Environmental Leaders in Golf Award (ELGA) Winner
- Laureen Husband, Director, Public Policy & Community, Feeding Northeast Florida
- Neera Shetty, Executive Vice President, Social Responsibility & Inclusion, PGA TOUR
- Dr. Quinton White, Executive Director, Marine Science Research Institute and Professor of Biology and Marine Science, Jacksonville University
Friday, March 4
11 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.
TPC Sawgrass Clubhouse – Sunset Room
110 Championship Way
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
Clubhouse parking lot
This panel is closed to the general public. Any media interested in attending should RSVP in advance to Emily Tillo, PR & Community Outreach Manager for THE PLAYERS, at email@example.com, 904-424-8572