For immediate release: March 8, 2021
THE PLAYERS Championship celebrates
Northeast Florida’s newest champions
Northeast Florida babies born during THE PLAYERS, March 9-14, will head home with a special onesie
PONTE VEDRA BEACH, Florida – This week, THE PLAYERS Championship welcomes the best golfers in the world to compete in the PGA TOUR’s flagship event. Area families who are welcoming newborn babies will also have an opportunity to commemorate this milestone. THE PLAYERS is gifting babies born in local hospitals during the week of the championship, March 9-14, with a special onesie, “Crawl, Walk, Golf,” along with a birthday card containing the ABCs of safe sleep practices from THE PLAYERS Center for Child Health at Wolfson Children’s Hospital.
“This week is such a special one in our community,” said Jared Rice, Executive Director of THE PLAYERS. “We are honored to celebrate and connect with those who share this milestone with us.”
(photo courtesy of Baptist Jax)
Each week, more than 500 babies are born at local hospitals, prompting THE PLAYERS to work with area hospitals to share in the celebrations. Families at the below hospitals will receive onesies to share with their newest champions: Baptist Medical Center – South; Wolfson Children’s Hospital NICU – South; Baptist Medical Center – Beaches; Baptist Medical Center – Nassau; Wolfson Children’s Hospital NICU – Downtown; Baptist Health Labor & Delivery – Downtown; Ascension St. Vincent’s Labor & Delivery; University of Florida Health; Orange Park Medical Center; Memorial Hospital; Flagler Health+.
Additional youth and family experiences at THE PLAYERS Championship 2021 include:
- Youth days presented by Nemours Children’s Health System: Up to two (2) youth ages 15 and under are admitted free with a ticketed adult on Tuesday and Wednesday. All youth will need a ticket to attend the tournament on Thursday through Sunday. In order to access a hospitality venue, youth will need a ticket Tuesday through Sunday.
- Family Care Suite presented by Wolfson Children’s Hospital: Open to all ticketholders, the Family Care Suite is an air-conditioned space with private rooms for parents to change diapers and feed babies. Diapers, wipes, hand sanitizers and other necessary products will be provided in the suite.
- No Autographs in 2021: For the health and safety of everyone on property, no player handshakes, first bumps, autographs, photographs or selfies, are permitted at this time. Please respect their space and watch your distance.
- Parking: All on-site parking Tuesday-Sunday requires a parking pass and must be purchased in advance; there will be no on-site sales. Visit THEPLAYERS.com/parking to purchase. “Four or more for free” parking vouchers are not available in 2021.
- Notable permitted items:
- Strollers: Strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles, and other essential baby supplies are permitted. The infant must be with the carrier. Items are subject to search.
- Reusable cups: THE PLAYERS will allow fans to bring in reusable plastic or metal cups up to 32oz at entries, as long as they are empty.
- Bag Policy: Opaque bags measuring 6x6x6 inches and smaller or clear bags 12x6x12 inches and smaller are allowed inside the course grounds.
- Outside Food: THE PLAYERS allows fans to bring in a 1-gallon clear, plastic bag of food items wrapped in clear wrap.
More information about THE PLAYERS is available at THEPLAYERS.com.
About THE PLAYERS Championship
THE PLAYERS Championship annually combines the strongest field in golf with the world-class venue that is THE PLAYERS Stadium Course at TPC Sawgrass. Grant Thornton LLP, Optum® and Morgan Stanley are the exclusive Proud Partners of THE PLAYERS. Proceeds from THE PLAYERS benefit Northeast Florida charities and have totaled more than $100 million since it began in 1974 and moved to Ponte Vedra Beach in 1977. For more on THE PLAYERS, visit THEPLAYERS.com. For more on the surrounding areas, visit floridashistoriccoast.com or visitjacksonville.com.
About Grant Thornton LLP
Founded in Chicago in 1924, Grant Thornton LLP (Grant Thornton) is the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd, one of the world’s leading organizations of independent audit, tax and advisory firms. Grant Thornton, which has revenues in excess of $1.9 billion and operates more than 50 offices, works with a broad range of dynamic publicly and privately held companies, government agencies, financial institutions, and civic and religious organizations.
“Grant Thornton” refers to Grant Thornton LLP, the U.S. member firm of Grant Thornton International Ltd (GTIL). GTIL and the member firms are not a worldwide partnership. Services are delivered by the member firms. GTIL and its member firms are not agents of, and do not obligate, one another and are not liable for one another’s acts or omissions. Please see grantthornton.com for further details.
Optum is a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to helping make the health system work better for everyone. With more than 180,000 people worldwide, Optum delivers intelligent, integrated solutions that help to modernize the health system and improve overall population health. Optum is part of UnitedHealth Group (NYSE:UNH). For more information, visit optum.com
About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley (NYSE: MS) is a leading global financial services firm providing investment banking, securities, wealth management and investment management services. With offices in more than 42 countries, the Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals. For more information about Morgan Stanley, please visit http://www.morganstanley.com.