WEDNESDAY, MARCH 10
8:30 a.m. – First-Timers (Flash Interview Area): Scott Harrington, Bo Hoag, Matthew NeSmith, Henrik Norlander, Will Zalatoris
9 a.m. – First-Timers (Flash Interview Area): Cameron Davis, Doug Ghim, Harry Higgs, Tyler McCumber, Robby Shelton, Kramer Hickok
9:30 a.m. – First-Timers (Flash Interview Area): Tom Lewis, Robert MacIntyre, Maverick McNealy, Cameron Percy, Doc Redman, Xinjun Zhang
2:30 p.m. – Patrick Cantlay
- Youth Day presented by Nemours Children’s Health System: up to two youth ages 15 and under are admitted free on Wednesday when accompanied by a ticketed adult. All youth will need a ticket to attend the tournament Thursday through Sunday.
- Christian’s ‘Dream Day’ at THE PLAYERS –13-year-old Nemours patient and Dreams Come True “Dreamer,” Christian, will receive a VIP experience at THE PLAYERS starting Wednesday and for the remainder of the week. Nemours referred Christian to Dreams Come True, the First Coast’s locally based dream granting organization. Christian was diagnosed with hemophilia at the age of one. Due to Christian’s condition, he is unable to play contact sports. Golf became a lifeline to him, so when it came time to decide on his “dream,” experiencing a golf tournament was atop the list. Last week, Christian was surprised with tickets to THE PLAYERS and a video message from his favorite PGA TOUR player, Dustin Johnson. Christian’s “Dream Day” at THE PLAYERS will take place on Wednesday, March 10, beginning at 9:30 a.m. with an exclusive tour of the PGA TOUR’s Global Home. Following the tour, Christian and his family will make their way to THE PLAYERS Stadium Course to enjoy pre-planned dream activities. Between 11 am to 1 pm, Christian will be surprised by Dustin Johnson himself, who will engage in a socially distanced meet and greet and present him with a brand new set of Taylormade golf clubs.
- On-site contacts: Cara Canington, firstname.lastname@example.org, 443-504-9367 and Jamie Handy, email@example.com, 850-797-4868
- Nemours Scavenger Hunt with Norah – Between 10 to 11 am near THE PLAYERS Welcome Experience (main entrance), Nemours patient Norah – a driving force behind the renovation of THE PLAYERS Lobby at Nemours Children’s Specialty Care, Jacksonville — will participate in Nemours’ scavenger hunt at THE PLAYERS. Media are invited to join as she searches for Nemours Gold Squad Kids and participates in fun activities at each stop.
- On-site contact: Lindsey Gast (Nemours), 904-657-1597
- Training U Powered by CDW – 9:25 am at the Sawgrass Marriott (parking for media will be free in the convention center parking lot) Several dozen high school student-athletes selected from Duval and St. Johns county schools and youth development organizations (First Tee and MaliVai Washington Youth Foundation) will participate in a sports and education forum the PGA TOUR annually hosts to introduce youth to career opportunities beyond the sport they play.
For the first time since its establishment in 2018, “Training U, Powered by CDW,” will be hosted during the week of THE PLAYERS and experience the tournament. Reduced from 250 participants due to social distancing protocols, 35 invitees will enjoy a morning of interactive programming, exposure to industry leaders, career champions and college recruiters…and several surprises (which must be embargoed until 3 pm on Wednesday): $25,000 donation from CDW to Northeast Florida Regional STEM2Hub, laptops for each of the students and a surprise socially distanced meet and greet with Harold Varner III.
- On-site contact: Emily Tillo, 904-424-8572
- CONFIDENTIAL- Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center patient to be surprised by Justin Thomas – Bender Middlekauff, 25, a patient undergoing treatment at Baptist MD Anderson Cancer Center for a brain tumor, will be surprised at THE PLAYERS on Wednesday with a socially distanced meet-and-greet with his favorite golfer, Justin Thomas, who, like Bender, attended the University of Alabama. They will walk the 16th hole together (Justin inside the ropes, Bender outside) while maintaining social distancing. The surprise meet and greet will take place between 10:30-11:00 am on the 16th hole. More information on Bender:https://www.baptistjax.com/juice/stories/cancer/why-not-me
- On-site contacts: Adam Loberstein, firstname.lastname@example.org, 707-337-0256, and Jamie Handy, email@example.com, 850-797-4868